The basic milk diet includes:
• Exclusive raw milk diet for at least three weeks
• Rest during the diet, preferably bed rest (though Macfadden’s patients did not always do this).
• Raw milk is a nutrient-dense food.
• Liquid is more easily absorbed than solid food.
• In about one month, you are loading your body with nutrition, the tools to rebuild its ailing parts.
• Rest allows your body to focus its energy on healing, not on exerting.
The books are fascinating and include:
• Specific recommendations on preparing yourself for the milk diet:
o what to eat in the days immediately preceding the diet
o how to prepare your home for the diet
• Instructions on the ideal day-to-day activities of patients while on the milk diet.
• Advice for knowing how much milk is ideal for you.
• Encouragement and inspiration to stay on the diet.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. Consult with your physician before making any changes to your diet.